Dreiss Insurance Agency is an independent agency that specializes in providing the appropriate insurance coverage, including unprotected homes, to Individuals and Businesses in Boerne & the surrounding area.
We work with many of the highest rated insurance carriers and dedicate ourselves to offering some of the most competitive rates for the following Texas insurance plans.
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance plans are designed to help cover potential car-related damages, loss or injuries from a financial perspective. Maintaining proper insurance not only helps protect you and your vehicle in the case of accident, but it also serves to protect your passengers, other drivers, pedestrians and property. Additionally, car insurance helps protect you in the event of a lawsuit associated with an incident involving your car.
With so many auto insurance companies available, as well as various coverage options to choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed when deciding which particular company and insurance plan is a good fit for you. But with Dreiss Insurance , LLC , each client’s individual needs are considered and the process of obtaining affordable insurance is a quick and easy process!
Dreiss Insurance , LLC will provide you with rates from multiple insurance companies to help you shop for the best combination of price and coverage and clearly explain the options, so you can make the best decision on which plan works best for you.
Types of auto coverages
There are eight basic auto insurance coverages. You can choose whether to buy the others.
- Liability coverage pays to repair the other driver’s car if you caused the accident. It also pays the other driver’s and his or her passenger’s medical bills and some other expenses. Texas law requires you to have at least $30,000 of coverage for injuries per person, up to a total of $60,000 per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for property damage. This is called 30/60/25 coverage. Think about buying more liability coverage. The minimum liability limits might be too low if you cause a multi-vehicle accident or the other driver’s car is totaled. If you don’t have enough liability coverage to pay for the damages and injuries you cause, you might have to pay the rest out of your own pocket. The other driver could sue you.
- Collision coverage pays to repair or replace your car after an accident.
- Comprehensive (other than collision) coverage pays if your car is stolen or damaged by fire, flood, vandalism or something other than a collision.
- Medical payments coverage pays your and your passengers’ medical bills. It also pays if you’re hurt while riding in someone else’s car or while walking or biking.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to medical payments coverage. It pays your and your passengers’ medical bills. But it also pays for things like lost wages and other nonmedical costs. All auto policies in Texas include PIP coverage. If you don’t want it, you must tell the company in writing.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage pays if you’re hit by someone who didn’t have insurance or didn’t have enough to pay your medical and car repair bills. It also pays if you’re in a hit-and-run accident. Insurance companies must offer you this coverage. If you don’t want it, you must tell the company in writing.
- Towing and labor coverage pays to tow your car if it can’t be driven. It also pays for labor to change a flat tire or jump-start your battery.
- Rental reimbursement coverage pays for you to rent a car if yours is stolen or being repaired after an accident. Some policies also pay for taxis or ride-hailing services.